Friday, March 30, 2012

You know you're a mom when.....

...after a week of a horrible stomach bug and being clung to by a 3 year old who wants nothing other than to be with his mommy (even when she pees), your blessing comes in the form of this:




Yes, that is a clean bathroom.  

Why is it my blessing?  Well, because it hasn't been this clean all week.  In fact, it's been pretty downright gross (remember the stomach bug in the first sentence of this blog?).  

So, tonight, as I sit folding laundry and blogging in a quiet house with only the humming of the washing machine and dishwasher in the background, I am thankful for the 20 minutes of silence that I got to spend finally cleaning the bathroom.   I am thankful for the smell of Lysol.  I am thankful for the repetitive motion of scrubbing.  I am thankful for the lack of interruptions.   And, most of all, I am thankful for the silence. 

Now...off to bed....

1 comment:

  1. HOORAY!!! We had the nasty stomach bug before Lent (that's also when our water pump decided to die) and a week later, I was practically floating out of joy because my bathroom and towels were finally clean. I'm happy for you!!!

    ReplyDelete