Wednesday, March 14, 2012

A perfectly clear night..

..is tonight's blessing.

I had to run the garbage can out to the end of the driveway tonight, and I happened to glance up at the night sky while doing so.  I was speechless (hard for me, as I'm sure you all know).

I'm quickly deciding that Arizona's spring is one of my favourite times and places.  Everything is in bloom, the air smells just absolutely amazing (no, that was not my trash can that I was smelling!), and the weather is incredible.  Not too hot, not too cold.....and blue skies every.single.day.  It's absolutely fabulous for a person who, like me, loves to be outdoors as much as possible.

The night sky "cinched" the deal for me:  it was breathtakingly clear, which was slightly surprising to me, considering just how populated of an area we live in.  The stars were crisp and twinkling, and I was easily able to pick out a couple of different constellations, which I haven't have even tried to do in years, probably.

The only thing that would make my star-gazing better would be having my husband home for the evening.  But.....I suppose someone has to catch all the babies out there that insist on making their entrance tonight. 


No comments:

Post a Comment