Sunday, April 8, 2012

Good Friday

I'm playing catch up again, thanks to taking the weekend off to focus on Easter.  Friday was Good Friday, and blessings came in two forms.

First, we had a brief playdate at a friend's apartment complex and pool.  This was a blessing because it gave me a chance to spend some time with my "girls" (prayer group) and then relax with my family in the sun.   I even got to watch this little boy - who's been terrified of swimming without a life jacket - bravely venture into the pool to try and learn to swim.  He's almost got it!


This blessing was followed by some down time at home, and then a chance to go to church to remember the events of the very first Good Friday.  In the Catholic Church, this typically is a service during which the Passion of our Lord is read, and then we, as a congregation, venerate the Cross.  It was beautiful.  I was brought to tears multiple times, which is a blessing on Good Friday.   


No comments:

Post a Comment