Sunday, March 3, 2013

What I Wore Sunday



Hanging out with the gang at FLAP again today....check them out for more entertaining and creatively stimulating posts.  ;)


Just checking in super quickly today - I'll be back later.  We rushed home from a BIG gymnastics meet in Boston for Rascals #1 and #2, quickly threw nicer clothes on, and ran up to the 5 pm Sunday Mass at our parish.   Now I'm warming up a quick dinner (while blogging, look at those multitasking skills!), and will hopefully have the kiddos in bed within the hour.  There's a nice bottle of red wine waiting for Mike and I as we sort through 700 pictures from our weekend away.  I'll blog about that stuff tomorrow - there is a lot of good stuff there.  We spent Saturday doing a little homeschooling lesson/adventure on the Freedom Trail, and then all morning at a meet that the boys ROCKED today.   Whew!

Anywho, here's the outfit:

sorry it's a bit blurry - rascal #1 snapped it as we were loading the car

It's not my favourite combination - I'm not a fan of these boots with short skirts, but my go-to pants somehow ended up with a HUGE oil spot on the outer part of my knee (?!?!?!  Does that happen to anyone else?  I feel like I need to buy a bottle of Dawn dishsoap JUST for my clothing) and I didn't realize it until I went to put them on, and then I had negative 5 minutes to get changed and into the car to get to Mass, and well.....this is what I ended up wearing.

Sweater, skirt, and boots are all LL Bean (I'm a Maine girl now, I guess)
tights - Target


Mass grades for the rascals:

#1 - B.  He struggled with being tired I think - he was doing anything he could think of to stay awake...yawning obnoxiously, fidgeting, asking questions that weren't related to Mass.

#2 - A.  This child is my future priest, methinks.   

#3 - A-   I would have given him a straight A if it weren't for a VERY loud "Rascal #1 won the race!!!!" as the big rascals and Mike walked back into the pew after helping with the collection baskets. 


Have a great night, all!

6 comments:

  1. Enjoy that wine! Sounds like it is much deserved! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sweater is a great color!

    I always seem to be collecting grease-stained clothing, between vigorous cooking and a biking husband, but I didn't know about using dawn on it-- that sounds less toxic than what I have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had pretty good success with using Dawn. I scrub it into the fabric, let it sit for awhile, and then wash it on the highest heat the fabric will stand. Then I let it air dry - sometimes it takes multiple washings to get it all out.

      Delete
  3. What a multi-tasker you are! Inspirational. I love the boots with the skirt, actually. And that sweater looks super cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look cozy and warm! I love the color of your sweater! And I love that your child took the pic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think your outfit is cute!
    Sounds like you had a busy weekend!
    Maine is such a beautiful state. We vacationed in Poland, Maine last summer and had such a great time.

    ReplyDelete