Friday, March 15, 2013

Quick Takes


Hanging out with Jen again today!  :)  Go see her for more fun quick takes!

1.   Have to be super quick today!  As soon as I hit "publish" I'll be walking out of the door to go pick up my inlaws at the airport!  Lots of family coming into town today........two grandmas, one grandpa, one great uncle, one great aunt, one aunt, and one uncle!  Whew!


2.  Why is everyone coming into town, you ask?   It's the final meet of the season - the state meet!  Woot!


3.  Hmmmm....what else can be super duper quick?   Let's see - entertaining on a Friday in Lent is a bit tricky!  I'm not a well experienced fish cook.....and we usually do super simple Friday meals to begin with.   Eek!   Sooooo....on the menu tonight:   spinach and artichoke soup,  smoky black bean stew,  lots of bread, and lots of salad.   Hope it goes over well!  

4.  NFP class went really well last week - thanks for the prayers!  We had fun, the couples actually participated and didn't seem *too* bored, and we've had a couple inquiries since then about them wanting to learn NFP.  Yay! Praise God!

5.   No updated on the doctor front yet...we have test to run.  Funnily enough, I'm feeling much better since the last quick takes post.   I've increased my iron intake, so maybe that's what it was all along?  I don't know.  Maybe it is a placebo effect from just mentioning it to someone?  I don't know, but I'm happy about it!

6.   I've been nominated to do one of those Five Things posts, so that will be forthcoming.....gotta think of things you guys don't know about me!  :)  Stay tuned and those of you out there with blogs, be scared....be very scared.......I have to nominate people to play along after I post.......it could be you!   (this is sooooooo a blogging version of a chain letter.....just sayin')

7.  HABEMUS PAPAM!   How could I forget?!?!  Mike and I have both already fallen in love with our new Holy Father.  Pope Francis.   I can't even begin to put into words how much I adore this man already.......I'll let Simcha do it for me.    Future patron saint of the socially awkward...LOVE IT.


Alright, with that, I'm off!  Be back later and have a great Friday!

1 comment:

  1. Ha! Blog chain letter is right!
    You dinner sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete