Friday, February 22, 2013

Quick Takes



Linking up with Jen again today!


1.  These are going to be kinda haphazard, just a warning.  I kinda forgot today was Friday.  Whoops!  That's the downside of homeschooling -- I have NO idea what day of the week it is.

2.  So.....let's see.  What can I write about?  I'm on day 3 of a juice fast......not sure how long I'm going to make it - I'm taking it in chunks of 6ish days, with the plan I'm following.  I've come to realize over the past few months that I have a very unhealthy attachment to food.   Feeling good?  Let's eat!  Feeling bad?  Let's eat!  Bored?  Let's eat!   It's Saturday?  Let's eat!   Yeah........I need to get back to what food is supposed to be about - nourishment.  That's all.  That's it.   Energy.  So far, so good.  I'd love to sit down and eat a meal, but I really like juices - even the green ones! - and it's going okay.

Before juicing....

After juicing for two days worth of meals - still have about half of the produce left in there to pulverize.

3.  I usually listen to our Catholic radio station on the way to gymnastics.  We leave at 3 pm, which is when they play a Divine Mercy Chaplet, so the boys and I pray a chaplet, and then they let me listen to the "Word on Fire" episode for the day.  Let's just say that today, Fr Barron kind of blew my mind. I don't even know if I can put it into words.  Let me see if there's a video clip.......

Okay, not a video clip, but you can listen to it here.   Go ahead.  I'll wait.  

4.  I just sent the boys upstairs to take a shower together.   This could be interesting......They're already pretty clean after baths last night, but I just want the chalk from gymnastics to be washed off of them.   They're excited though!   It's the little things.  They did a fantastic job working together to clean up our mess of a playroom, though, so this is their reward.

Caught in the act - their assembly line method of cleaning up


5.  We've had three bazillion playdates this week.  (Not really, just three!)  It's been a fun week.  I love homeschooling - we can have a playdate, gym practice, and do an entire day's worth of lessons, all on the same day.  :)

6.  We made our own coconut milk last night.  It was easier than we expected, and we got A LOT out of two coconuts.  The boys had a blast - and it's been fun trying coconut milk in things instead of cow's milk.  I had planned on using it to make soup, but we've now drunk so much of it that I don't have enough left.  Whoops.   Guess I should pick up some more coconuts!

Watching the juicer press the coconut pulp

yum yum yum!  We got about a quart's worth from two coconuts


7.  I realized that my last picture post was very light on pictures of Rascal #2.  In hopes that no one will accuse me of him being a neglected child (haha), I end this Quick Takes with a few pictorial representations of his current state in life.  ;)


He finally climbed to the top of the rope at gymnastics!  This is  a HUGE hurdle he's been working to overcome!

My child who has been refusing to try to read (he's such a perfectionist and would refuse to try unless he knew for sure he was correct) wrote this on his own tonight while I was making dinner.  No help from me or his brother.   Guess he's gaining confidence?


No comments:

Post a Comment