Thursday, January 19, 2012

Thank you, Pinterest


Yes, I have a new addiction.  


No, it's not blogging, although today is seeming to prove otherwise.  We're hanging around the house, waiting for the plumber to show up (our washer is making funny sounds - eek!), and I thought I'd tackle a few projects I've been putting off for awhile.

I found this idea a few months ago, on Pinterest - making your own dry-erase boards out of picture frames.  I saw a collage-style picture frame being used as a weekly schedule, and seeing as my kids are ALWAYS asking me "What are we doing today?," I thought it might be worth a try.

Armed with my 40% off coupon, a gift card, and with the bribe of a $5 pizza on the way home being spoken out loud, we headed into Michael's.  The craft store, as the boys call it, is probably my least favourite place to go with the kiddos.  It's just too tempting - and keeping their hands off of everything is pretty much not ever going to happen.

This trip wasn't bad (I guess the pizza bribe worked!), and we were able to get out of the store after spending a mere $8 (Yay for coupons and 55% off frames sales!).   Here are the finished products:

Our "schedule" wall


The weekly schedule for the boys to follow - I'll change the Scripture in the middle to be something from the upcoming weekend's Mass (Hoping that they'll recognize it when we're at church on Sundays)

An example:  Joseph's includes practicing his piano, but the other two just have reading.  They'll write the name of the book that they've read that day in the blank (we do the Pizza Hut Book-It program here at home, so this will take the place of many, many sheets of paper)

No comments:

Post a Comment